CATEGORIES | THESIS AALBORG UNIVERSITY
ICT manager Thomas S. Hedemand Poulsen | Niras
Visual programming might be the solution to all problems. It ensures a high extend of consistency, optimizes the workflow throughout all phases of construction, and provides the possibility of using its tools to work on the 3D model.
Architect Pawel Tujakowski | Thøgersen&Stouby
The Presentation focuses on Grasshopper, a simple drag and drop system, and Pawel showed some examples of use of Grasshopper. Working with the facade geometry, it is possible to test the grid on the facade elements.
DESIGN | WHY INVOLVE DYNAMO
BIM specialist Simon Fiele | Cowi
Cowi began using Dynamo a year ago. The script for mapping the data between Excel and Revit is structured in such way, that the file implements the data automatically. Therefore it is crucial that the classification is consistent and the parameters are available in Revit.
PARAMETRICS IN THE EXECUTION PHASE
Jesper Wallaert | MT Højgaard
A script for lift range capacity in Dynamo performs simulations of cranes positions and lifting capacities, makes it possible to visualize variety of options.
With the live Dynamo script for Model Spli, it is possible for the contractor to automate a process that was previously more time consuming. Furthermore, it is possible to get the data from the consultants’ 3D building models divided into zones that can be used for 4D and 5D simulations.
With the Dynamo script for a Parking House Generator we can quickly see and assess alternatives in collaboration with the client. It is a very useful tool in the early stages and provides many excellent opportunities for user involvement.
POINTS OF VIEWS
- Be active in the network around Visual Programming
- Browse and ask questions
- Use Twitter Account, much knowledge happening right there
- Plan two evenings a week, that's how to get started.
- Use your Community
- Grasshopper is a great forum, where everything is open source.
- Examine the system and design the product accordingly
- See it as an opportunity to work with a lot of software
- Look at the question, how to automate and solve the problem
- Find the task and the program will follow
- It takes a long time to develop the right scrip and get the knowledge.
- It is necessary to develop visual programming internally.
- You have to be agile and seize opportunities
- Get the best and most updated tools
- It is not about the program we use, but the output.
- Vim Flog plugin will be a Game Changer.